Contest « Hockey Canada EA Sports NHL18 Video Game Giveaway »
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Contest is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only by legal residents of Canada who are at least sixteen (16) years of age at the date of entry into the Contest, and shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you do not satisfy these requirements at the time of entry. Entry into the Contest constitutes your (and your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) on your behalf if you are under the legal age of majority in your Province or Territory of residence) full and unconditional acceptance of and agreement to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”).
1) ADMINISTRATION: The Contest is administered and operated by Hockey Canada (the “Contest Operator”). The decisions of the Contest Operator are final and binding in all matters as they relate to the Contest, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
2) ELIGIBILITY: This contest (the “Contest”) is only open to all legal residents of Canada who, at the time entry: (i) have reached the legal age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence, or (ii) are between the ages of sixteen (16) and the legal age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence (individually and collectively a “Minor”) provided any such Minor’s parent/legal guardian has: (a) consented to his/her participation in the Contest; and (b) accepted and agreed to be legally bound by these Contest Rules on the Minor’s behalf. Entrants cannot be employees, contractors, or agents of the Contest Operator or a member of the immediate families of an employee, contractor, agent or representative of the Contest Operator or any of their respective affiliates, agencies, or prize suppliers. Participants under the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence must provide contact information for a parent or guardian and that parent or guardian must claim the prize on their behalf.
NOTE TO MINORS: The Contest Operator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, on a random audit basis to contact a Minor’s parent/legal guardian for the purposes of verifying his/her: (i) agreement to be legally bound by these Contest Rules on the Minor’s behalf; (ii) consent to the Minor’s participation in the Contest; and/or (iii) consent to the collection of the Minor’s personal information. Failure of a Minor’s parent/legal guardian to complete any such required verification to the satisfaction of the Contest Operator may, in its sole and absolute discretion, result in disqualification of the Minor.
3) PRIZES: There is one prize available, consisting of an EA Sports NHL18 Video Game, having an approximate retail value of $79.99.
The Prize is not transferable and is not redeemable in any part for cash. No substitutions are permitted, except by the Contest Operator, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value, without prior notice.
4) CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on December 11, 2017 12pm EDT and ends on December 18, 2017 at 12am EDT (the “Contest Period”).
5) HOW TO ENTER:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter the Contest, visit the Hockey Canada Shop website (shop.hockeycanada.ca) and (boutique.hockeycanada.ca) (the “Site”) and complete a purchase transaction (no minimum value).
If you do not wish to complete a purchase transaction, you may enter the Contest by hand-printing your name, your complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number, e-mail address, and age on a plain piece of paper and mailing it in a sealed postage prepaid envelope to “Hockey Canada EA Sports NHL18 Video Game Giveaway”, c/o Hockey Canada, 151 Olympic Road SW, Suite 201, Calgary Alberta T3B 6B7. If you are under the age of majority in your Province or Territory of residence at the date of entry, your entry must also include contact information for your parent or legal guardian.
Any entry received by the Contest Operator after the end of the Contest Period will be ineligible. Late, incomplete or illegible entries are ineligible.
Limit: one (1) entry per person / profile / e-mail address. Anyone found attempting to submit more than one entry through the use of multiple e-mail addresses, multiple profiles, or otherwise, will be disqualified from participating in the Contest. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification from the Contest.
All entries are subject to verification. The Contest Operator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to the Contest Operator to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
6) AWARDING OF PRIZES:
The Prize draw shall occur on December 19, 2017 (the “Selection Date”) at 12 PM MST at Hockey Canada Office in Calgary. The winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
The Contest Operator or its designated representative will make a minimum of two (2) attempts on the Selection Date to contact the selected entrant (or the selected entrant’s parent or legal guardian, in the case of an entrant who is under the legal age of majority in the entrant’s Province or Territory of residence on the Selection Date) by telephone and/or email using the information provided at the time of entry. If the selected entrant is unable to be contacted (i.e. does not respond to the contact attempts) within one (1) business day of the Selection Date, fails to answer the skill testing question described below correctly, fails to execute any release required under section 12 of these Official Contest Rules, or refuses to accept the Prize for any reason whatsoever, then he/she may be disqualified at the Contest Operator’s discretion, and the Contest Operator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate entrant (in which case the date of this new selection shall become the Selection Date, and the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to the newly selected entrant). Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question to be administered by phone, email or mail at a predetermined mutually convenient time.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Contest Operator reserves the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Operator affects the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
7) ODDS: Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
8) SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS: Each part of the Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Contest Operator reserves the right to modify, withdraw, suspend or terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof, at any time without notice to participants and for any reason including, but not limited to an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Operator that interferes with the proper conduct of his Contest as contemplated in these Contest Rules. The decisions of the Contest Operator regarding any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all contestants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of contestants and entries. The Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
9) Privacy Statement: Personal information collected during the administration of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, will only be used in conjunction with executing the terms of the Contest as described in these Contest Rules. By entering any part of the Contest, you expressly consent to the Contest Operator and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, collecting and using the information you provide, including your age and contact information, to qualify you for the Contest and to contact you and provide ongoing service regarding the same.
10) MISCELLANEOUS: In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual whose name appears on the newly created or updated Hockey Canada Insider newsletter profile, even if that person is not the authorized account holder of the email address listed in that profile. In the event of a discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and condition of the English Contest Rules and disclosures of other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: French version of the Contest Rules, or other materials, the terms of the English Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read the Official Rules and agree to abide by their terms and by the decisions of the Contest Operator, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest.
11) USE OF WINNER'S NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest all entrants hereby grant to the Contest Operator the unlimited right (but not the obligation) to publish and use, without payment or other compensation and without notice, consent or approval, his/her name, photograph and likeness, address (city/town, state, province or territory), voice, and the whole or part of any statement or statements he/she has made or makes about the Contest or a prize in any publicity, program or advertising, without geographic limit and in perpetuity, in any medium now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), and hereby consents unconditionally to any such publication or use without further notice, consent, approval or compensation.
12) RELEASE: Before the prize is awarded, the prize winner may be required to sign one or more declarations, publicity consents, waivers and release documents releasing the Contest Operator, and all of its directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from all liability of any kind, including without limitation any loss, damage, injury (including personal injury) or expense, in connection with this Contest or occurring as a result of any prize being awarded. By participating in this Contest, all participants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the Official Contest Rules, consent to the use of their name, biographical information and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation and otherwise in accordance with these Official Rules, agree to abide by all decisions by the Contest Operator (which are final), and agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability in connection with participating in this contest and/or any prize awarded.
13) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by or resulting from: (i) any entry, prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason; (ii) any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (iii) any e-mail, text or other communication sent or received to or from the Contest Operator or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (iv) any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Site, users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in the Contest; (v) any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; for problems with the function of any website or website feature (including, without limitation, Facebook or any features thereon), howsoever caused; (vi) the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (vii) any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (viii) for traffic congestion on the Internet; (ix) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; (x) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (xi) technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest.
The Released Parties do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest.
14) ERRORS: The Contest Operator is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of any prize.
15) DISQUALIFICATIONS: The Contest Operator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or to post inappropriate or demeaning material on the Site. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY ENTRY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST OPERATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL AND SEEK DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER REMEDY FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16) QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.